5 Top Tips for Home Safety During the Thanksgiving Holiday
It’s Thanksgiving and you’re cooking dinner at the kitchen of your Carillon Lakes community home when suddenly, fire breaks out on your stove and you panic, forgetting the fire extinguisher is right next to the oven. What do you do? If you have installed smoke alarms, then these can go off and alert other people in the house who can help. But what if you don’t? You can’t really let your whole house burn down just because of a little kitchen accident, can you?
According to the National Fire Protection Authority, Thanksgiving is the leading day for home-cooking related fires. It’s the one day in a year where all kitchens are prone to small fires because of all the preparations to get every dish out the kitchen door just in time for dinner. It’s a challenge to whip up a sumptuous feast so make sure that home safety should not be an added stress. To help, here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
1. Install smoke and fire alarms near the kitchen and on every other room of the home. If you already have alarms installed, make sure that all these are working and don’t forget to replace the batteries at least once every year.
2. Remove fire hazards in the kitchen. Keep those wooden ladles, wooden utensils, paper towels, and oven mitts away from an open fire.
3. If you’ll be using candles for decoration, make sure to keep fire hazards away from the flame and never leave a burning candle unattended.
4. When having family and friends with little kids over, clean up your home in Carillon Lakes community. Cut the clutter and clear the floor and tabletops of small decors that they can easily pick up, put in their mouth, and choke from.
5. Ask guests who will be sleeping over to bring their own medications or maintenance drugs. Ask them if they can send their prescriptions to you so you can get these ready if in case they forget to bring their medicines during their trip.
Make you and your family’s safety a priority. Keep in mind all these safety tips so you can truly enjoy a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, whether it be out of town or in your Carillon Lakes community house. For even more holiday safety tips for smart homeowners, visit http://www.LakelandFloridaLiving.com.
Call me, Petra Norris, at 863-619-6918 or send me an email at email@example.com if you’re looking for a Lakeland Florida real estate agent with superior local knowledge, experience, professionalism, integrity, and personal service to help you sell or buy Carillon Lakes community homes for sale.
Petra Norris, REALTOR®…
Going The Extra Mile For You!