8 Safety Tips for Single Women Buying Lakeland Fl Homes For Sale
These safety tips for single women buying Lakeland Fl homes for sale are not meant to scare away women from buying a home, but instead, will help prepare women home ownership by placing safety and security as their top priority.
Here are some safety tips for women when buying Lakeland Fl homes for sale:
1. Buy a Lakeland Fl home for sale in a well-lit area. It’s definitely feels safer to walk around the neighborhood even after dinner or make a quick trip to the grocery in a neighborhood with plenty of street lighting. Avoid dimly lit areas.
2. Consider living in a gated community. If you have found a Lakeland Fl home for sale inside a gated community, ask the security how often the gate code is changed. Most homeowner associations change gate codes routinely to prevent unauthorized entrance. Check if the gate is timed to close before a second car can enter.
3. Buy A Lakeland Fl home for sale with an attached garage. As winter time is fast approaching and the days get shorter, that means by the time you get home, it may be already dark. Walking towards a detached garage in the dark gives one a feeling of uneasiness as compared with an attached garage. If you can find a home with an electronic garage door opener, it would be better since you wouldn’t have to leave your car to open the garage door. Some crime could possibly happen when one leaves the car to open the garage door, like a car theft or robbery.
4. Avoid buying a Lakeland Fl home for sale by the alley. Alleys are usually dark and quiet at night and provide the perfect venue for criminals to get to your home as well as escape from it unnoticed.
5. Check Neighborhood Crime Reports. Most police departments in every city have online crime statistics reports. You can also check FBI’s national registry of sex offenders to know how many there are in your area.
6. Buy a Lakeland Fl home for sale with security systems. Ask the seller if the home’s security system is owned or leased and how much it costs per month. Ask who answers the breach, is it the police departments or the security alarm staff?
7. Inspect all door locks and jambs. Check if the jamb has been repaired or is cracked. Check if the locks are new. If you notice a broken or damaged door lock or jamb, ask the seller why. Make sure
8. Buy Lakeland Fl Homes for sale with a fenced back yard. This discourages crime since it makes it harder for burglars to access your home. You may also want to consider getting a pet dog if you have a fenced backyard to add more security and they could act as great companions too!
Please consider my other home buying tips articles I have written by clicking here.