How To Buy A Lakeland Fl Home For Sale With Good Resale Value
Even with lower inventory of homes for sale, it is imperative to pick a home with resale in mind because most homeowners sell their home within of 5-7 years of purchase. Once you think of buying a Lakeland Fl home for sale, you have to also think of possibly selling it in the future. Buying a home for sale in Lakeland Fl with a good resale value will make it easier to sell at top dollar when the time comes.
But most home buyers never think of the home’s resale value when they buy. They only think of whether the home matches their needs and use that as their sole basis for selecting a home.
Here are some of the things you should consider if you are looking for a Lakeland Fl home for sale with a good resale value:
1. Location. A home in a desirable neighborhood will always attract a larger number of buyers. Check for upcoming developments nearby like a commercial building or a highway under construction. It may also affect the resale value of your home in the future.
2. More than Two Bedrooms. A home with at least 3 bedrooms or more is appealing to many buyers, especially if most of the homes in the neighborhood only have two bedrooms. A home with more than two bedrooms gives more possibilities for the future owners and increases its resale value.
3. More than one bathroom. Given a choice between 1-bath or a 2-bath home, buyers will almost always opt for a two-bath home. They would only buy a one-bath home if they are cash-strapped and are looking for a cheaper home. A master bath will also increase a home’s value.
4. Storage space and closets. Walk-in closets are essential these days. With more people accumulating more stuff, having lots of closet and storage space in your home is a must if you want it to sell faster.
5. Family space or a Den. A family space doesn’t necessarily need to be for a family. It’s any space where a group of people can get together. Whether it’s for entertaining friends or hosting a family gathering, many buyers nowadays want a large space for informal gatherings. The days of formal living rooms are over.
6. Garage. Unless you live in a place where most people use public transportation, having a garage is a necessity. 2-car garages are even more desirable. A Lakeland Fl home for sale with an enclosed or covered garage will have a higher resale value than a home with an open garage.
7. Good layout and natural flow. Most buyers prefer a home with natural lighting and more open spaces and rooms that have a common sense flow without satellite rooms. Most families with young children want the other bedrooms to be near the master bedroom.
8. Remodeled and Updated.Simple, DIY improvements can go a long way in increasing a Lakeland Fl home’s resale value. The best rooms to remodel are the bath and the kitchen. Home buyers prefer centralized air and heating.