Moving To Your New Sandpiper Lakeland FL Home Checklist
After buying a Sandpiper Lakeland FL home for sale, it is important to plan your moving day immediately. Moving to your new home isn’t an easy task. The weeks before moving day can be extremely stressful for many people. You can avoid such much of the stress by planning a few weeks ahead.
To help you keep track of things, here are two checklists which will help you have a free-stress and smoother move.
Six Weeks Before the Move:
1. Start with getting a certified moving company.
2. Set up the date with the moving company.
3. Determine what you’ll be moving.
4. Get extra or temporary storage for your things.
5. Ask for boxes, tapes and bubble wrap from the moving company.
6. If moving without professionals, ask for help from family and friends.
7. Notify your landlord four weeks in advance if renting.
8. Dispose of nonessential things.
9. Notify the utility companies.
10. Order new furniture and carpet if desired.
Two Weeks Before the Move:
1. Start packing important things.
2. Send out your new address to the list of people you know.
3. Inform local services the last day you’ll need them.
4. Ask the post office to redirect mail to your new address.
5. Make final arrangements.
6. Insure your possessions in transit with your insurance company.
7. Find someone who can look after your children and pets.
8. Check parking arrangements.
9. Tell the moving team where to place your furniture in your new home.
10. Arrange collection of keys from your estate agent.
If you plan your moving day carefully by having a checklist, you can lessen the hassles and make your relocation a pleasant experience.